What is Depression?
Depression is a disorder of mood, which varies from a simple or mild reaction to a hyper decision of committing a suicide. The mild reaction may be caused due to sudden changes taking place in life that are uncertain and obviously unwelcome. The person who is suffering needs someone to listen to his problems. This is called as psychotherapy. This moderate depression can be treated well using psychotherapy.
There are some other cases of severe clinical depression which leads the person to commit suicide. This severe depression needs following:
* A proper management plan for treatment .
* Includes Antidepressant drugs in the treatment.
* Psychotherapy on regular basis.
There are many symptoms observed which are commonly found for a month duration after which u can decide if the person has depression . The following symptoms are noticed:
* Low in mood always.
* Loss of happiness.
* Not happy even after pleasant events.
* Not enjoying the daily life.
* Not showing interest in things and people around him.
* Disturbances in sleeping patterns or Insomnia.
* Not able to concentrate .
* Feeling low or not able to make decisions.
* Not sharp enough .
* Showing least interest in daily physical activities.
If the person is being thought of undergoing depression then some of the above symptoms are noticed for a long duration.
Antidepressant and Antipsychotic Medications : Working Mechanism
As per the above discussion, there can be different levels of depression. It can be either mild, moderate or severe kind of depression. Antidepressant drugs should be used when severe depression is observed in a patient.
There are neurons which release certain chemicals in the brain. Neurons are nothing but nerve like structures. Dopamine and serotonin are the neurons which have a function of passing messages from one cell to another. Antidepressants are the ones which prevent these neurons from releasing chemicals. The antidepressant medications maintain the levels of the neurotransmitters like serotonin which are responsible for a mood change. Antipsychotic medications have a similar action as the antidepressant medications.
Let us study about the Antidepressant and Antipsychotic drugs available in the market. One of the famous medication prescribed is the Aripiprazole. Every medication has a generic name and a brand name. Generic name gives the content of that medication. Whereas brand name is the name given by the company that manufactures that medication which is given below
Generic Name : Aripiprazole
Brand Name : Abilify
* Aripiprazole is used in the treatment of a psychotic condition called as schizophrenia and many other disorders related to depression. Abilify is an antipsychotic drug.
* You can find Aripiprazole , online at cheap and discount prices since the world is going online. It is a at your doorstep service, so do take the advantage of buying online at the best discount and affordable prices available.