Weekend Fishing Opportunities as reported by Oregon Fish and Wildlife:
- Spring Chinook angling is open to both boat and bank anglers from Buoy 10 upstream to Beacon Rock, except for the sanctuary at the Lewis River Mouth. Beacon Rock to Bonneville Dam is open to bank angling only. For sanctuary details please follow the Sport Fishing Regulation Update link below.
- Spring Chinook angling is open from Tower Island powerlines upstream to the Oregon/Washington border above McNary Dam, plus the banks between Bonneville and Tower Island powerlines.
- The Bonneville Pool is closed to the retention of white sturgeon because the winter catch guideline of sturgeon has been met. Catch and release fishing remains an option during the retention closure.
- The Dalles Pool is closed to the retention of white sturgeon because the catch guideline of 100 sturgeon has been met. Catch and release fishing remains an option during the retention closure.
- The John Day Pool is open to the retention of legal white sturgeon until the guideline of 105 fish is met.
- The McNary Pool is open to the retention of legal white sturgeon through July 31.
- White sturgeon retention is closed from Buoy 10 upstream to Bonneville Dam, but remains an option for catch and release fishing.
Salmon, Steelhead and Shad
On Saturday’s (3/25) flight, 104 salmonid boats and 95 Oregon bank anglers were counted from the Columbia River estuary to Bonneville Dam. Catch rate and effort remain low due to high, dirty water.
Most Read Stories
Weekend checking showed no catch for nine boats (17 anglers).
Portland to Westport Bank:
Weekend checking showed one steelhead kept, plus one steelhead released for 109 bank anglers.
Portland to Westport Boats:
Weekend checking showed no catch for 28 boats (75…