Loren Froggatt, 21, shared a video on Facebook on Aug. 28 that showed her laying on a bed, wide-eyed and pale in the face, opening and closing her mouth, almost as if she was possessed. As it turns out, Froggatt was displaying the after-effects of consuming a spiked drink at the Leeds Festival in the U.K. that began on Aug. 25 and continued up to Aug. 27.
In the video, shot by her fiancé Adam Collins, 24, who is a trained first-aider, Froggatt is seen uncontrollably rolling her eyes and writhing as if she has lost control of her body. At one point during her video, she is urged by Collins to drink some water, which she does, before going back to acting zombie-like.
Speaking to Nottingham Post, Froggatt said that she had a bottle of wine throughout the day and was perfectly fine until the time a man came up to her and asked to borrow a lighter. “As I was waiting outside the main arena, a man approached me and asked to borrow a lighter. I think that’s when it happened.”
After her drink was spiked with drugs, Froggatt remembered getting dizzy and eventually going blank. “Once back at the tent Adam said my eyes kept rolling into the back of my head, I urinated myself, lost control of my jaw and tongue, started vomiting white frothy bile — I then went on to lose consciousness twice,” Froggatt recalled.
Collins, who helped his fiancé recover from the ordeal, described feeling “traumatic” during the hours when Froggatt was out of her senses. “She just started really struggling to walk. When we got back to the tent, she started going into a seizure, and her jaw was just going back and forward,” Collins said.
Normally, under these situations, the best way to help people recover is to put them in the recovery position, but that made things worse for Froggatt, as she would have choked on her own vomit. Hence, Collins “picked her up and leant her forward when she was being sick” and made her drink a lot of water to flush out her systems. The effects…