If you are going to enroll yourself in a coach training program, the next challenge is certainly how to select the correct one. In the market you will find tons of coaches training programs nowadays, a number of them have great marketing materials, however, when you start looking at the specifics, you may understand that itâs not necessary that every yellow colour thing is gold. So below given are few points that will guide you on choosing the correct coach training program for you:
1. Accreditation – Your very first & the most vital decision should be to find your actual goals. If you actually want to become an accredited coach, then you may want to search for an ACTP (Accredited Coach Training Program). These programs offer you a 125 hour coach trainings and provide you with a coach certification & give you further training according to your core capabilities as declared by the ICF (International Coach Federation).
2. Specific modules – You are supposed to find a coach training program offered with some particular subjects such as business building or certain specialisations. Find out whether these subjects comprised within these program and go for them blindly if they have the same.
3. Curriculum – Find out more regarding the content of their offered program at the deepest level. If there is any possibility, then sample their learning modules.
4. Generic or niche-specific â Also, you might want to decide upfront whether youâre in search of gaining general coaching skills or more tools for one particular niche. For instance, career coaching institutions will provide you coaching skills along with the specific career coaching tools & methods into your hands that might be truly helpful. The disadvantage is that you might criticise your choice if you decide to select another niche. As a result, if youâre not sure, rather pick a general training, where positively niche-specific modules will also be given.
5. Fee / Scholarship â Last but…