Seth Davis, who announced today that he is joining The Athletic (which we covered in-depth recently), and launching a national college basketball site, joined the podcast. We discussed:
- What was the recruiting process like?
- How big does he envision his staff being?
- College basketball (and college football) have reputations for being regional sports. How can they get readers to invest in subscriptions for national coverage?
- Would he support a model for college players to sign endorsement and sponsorship deals?
- What college basketball venue or matchup should be number 1 on the bucket list?
Here is the link to Davis’s site, which is entitled The Fieldhouse.
Hope you enjoy the conversation!
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
▶ Media Armageddon: Where Do We Go From Here? A Talk With Jason McIntyre and Crossing Broad Founder Kyle Scott
▶ David Kaplan Talks Cubs Book, Hawks Vs. Bulls, and Ill-Fated Shawn Kemp for Scottie Pippen Trade Scoop
▶ Discussing the Future of FS1 With Sporting News Media Reporter Michael McCarthy
▶ Ramona Shelburne Discusses LaVar Ball Kayfabe, LeBron to the Lakers?, and Her Career Ascent
▶ Ira Berkow on Watching Baseball With Obama, Covering Marge Schott, Billy Martin, and Trump
▶ The Ringer Editor-At-Large Bryan Curtis Discusses Jamie Horowitz’s Content Legacy at FS1 and ESPN
▶ Ozzie Smith Discusses Web Gems, African-Americans in Baseball, and Tony La Russa
▶ Sports Business Journal’s John Ourand Discusses How ESPN Got Where It Is, And Where It’s Going
▶ Breaking Down Connor Schell Promotion at ESPN With Sporting News Media Reporter Michael McCarthy
▶ A U.S. Open Preview with Dave Kindred and Michael Kornheiser
▶ Jalen Rose Discusses the Ascent of Durant and the Kurse of the Kardashians
▶ A Sports Media Discussion With Bryan Curtis, Editor-at-Large at The Ringer
▶ Vince Wilfork Talks BBQ Ribs, Retirement Odds, and Belichick
▶ SI’s Richard Deitsch Discusses ESPN Layoffs,…