The United Kingdom has always been one of the popular destinations for international students. Getting admitted to a reputed college or university here gives the students great career opportunities that help them progress in their life. The country is known for its academic excellence that is clearly visible in its world-class teaching that helps students to develop creativity and confidence. The flexibility of the British education system is yet another factor that attracts international students and fabricates their career aspirations.
The UK institutions rank among the best in the world and they are internationally recognised and valued. However, receiving education in Britain is not an easy feat. Aspiring students have to go through numerous procedures and legal formalities to obtain a study visa. Irrespective of the course they choose to study, there are plenty of things they need to understand while applying for a student visa.
The article gives a brief introduction of tier 4 UK visa and explains how the entire application process works.
If you are not a citizen of European Union and want to study in the UK, then it’s mandatory for you need to apply for a student visa. There are different types of student visas available and all of them vary in terms of their legal requirements and obligations. International students can apply for them depending upon their age, course they want to study and the university they choose to study.
Types of UK Students Visas Available
Depending upon the age and course, international students may apply for following visas:
* Short-term Student Visa- This visa category belongs to students who are 18 or above and wants to study in the UK for six months. Students wishing to join an English language course may choose to extend their visa up to 11 months.
* Short-term Student (child) Visa- Students who are 17 or below may apply for this visa. The visa is valid only for six months
Students applying for short-term visa cannot work in the UK or extend their stay.
Students who wish to join a longer course in the UK may apply for the following visas:
* Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa- This visa category has been introduced for international students who are between 4 and 17 years of age.
* Tier 4 (General) Student Visa- for students who are 16 or above. The eligibility criteria of this visa are described as below.
Students must be:
* Financially strong enough to pay for their course- the amount may vary depending upon the circumstances.
* Able to speak, write and understand fluent English
* From a country that’s outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Studying in the UK is a great opportunity as it can give a boost to your career and help you create a positive future for yourself. But, before that it is nice to have some knowledge about the processes involved so that nothing goes wrong while planning your studies.
Related Uk Articles