Microsoft-owned LinkedIn now has a new app for Windows 10

A glimpse of what LinkedIn’s app for Windows 10 looks like.


LinkedIn

LinkedIn wants to make the platform more convenient for its Windows 10 users.

The Microsoft-owned professional network on Monday launched a new app for users of the operating system with the goal of letting its millions of Windows users experience some of the same features found on LinkedIn’s mobile app and desktop site. This includes receiving messages and invites from other members in real time.

Using the app also will provide a more fluid way to stay up to date compared with using LinkedIn on a browser, said Chris Pruett, a senior director of engineering who redesigned LinkedIn’s desktop site that debuted in January and upgraded mobile app. About 40 percent of LinkedIn’s traffic from its roughly 500 million members comes from desktop computers to scour for possible jobs, make connections or search for news, while the remaining 60 percent use mobile devices.

“I see the Windows 10 app as another chapter in our evolving story,” Pruett said. “It’s all about staying connected.”

The latest move for LinkedIn arrives a year after tech giant Microsoft bought the company for $26.2 billion. Since then, LinkedIn has been trying to keep members engaged by making the aforementioned mobile and desktop upgrades. There’s also new features, including messagingOpen Candidates, where members can discreetly notify recruiters they’re job hunting; and Salary, which assists those wanting to earn more money.

Users can tap into the LinkedIn app for Windows 10 by going to the Start menu and taskbar. There’s also pin a Live Tile feature so…

Read the full article at the Original Source..

Back to Top