Making sushi is not as difficult as you might think. You don’t need to go to your local sushi joint for delicious rolls because you are completely able to make this traditional Japanese food with a few ingredients. Here are five easy steps for making sushi at home.
1. Prepare ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own great-tasting sushi at home:
– 3 cups (645g) of sushi rice
– 3 cups (750 ml) of cold water
– Â½ cup of rice vinegar
– 2 tablespoons caster sugar
– Â½ teaspoon of salt
– 10 Seaweed papers, or sushi nori
– 1 Package of Cooked crab sticks
– 1 cucumber and 1 avocado
Apart from the ingredients above, other pieces of equipment you need to have include a rice cooker, a bamboo rolling mat and a sharp knife.
2. Start with sushi rice (also known as shari)
To make shari, firstly you rinse the rice well in a sieve under cold running water until the water runs clear. You should use your hands to move the rice about in the water bath so that it gives off any bran…