Health apps are not new but in the last two years, developers have managed to come up with a range of unique and wonderful new options that have turned out to be super effective and super valuable. In fact, most of these apps are targeted towards niche consumers like children, women and teenagers. One emerging category that has turned out to be surprising popular is health apps for seniors. We listed a few of the most innovative apps that will revolutionize the health world.
- Pillboxie is one of the most effective apps weâve seen in a very long time. It creates a simple visual reminder of your pill schedule and manages your meds by setting up alarms when your pills are due.
- Elder 911 is an effective tool for managing emergency situations dealing with the elderly. This apps is particularly useful as it was created by Dr Marion for elderly people living alone. It has a series of features that help you deal with an emergency situation before it happens, as its happening and for hospitalization.
- Stress Check is also very useful. The app requires the user to place their finger on the camera lens and it measures heartbeat changes to assess current stress levels. Although this cap cannot do anything more, it is very useful.
- Mymedical is a valuable tool as it stores all your medical information online. The app stores all your medical records, your immunization schedules and even your family medical history for easy reference. We think this is particularly useful during medical emergencies but the app is not free and you have to pay $2.99 to download the use the app.
- Epocrates RX is also useful as it provides expert help on how to take medications and whether mixing medications can create side effects. Itâs a free tool that provides photos of pills and information about any side effects or interactions that might occur with the pills.
- Glucose Buddy and the Blood Alcohol Concentration Calculator are tools that calculate and record your sugar and your blood…