If you’re setting up an e-commerce online business, you need to make sure that you use the fastest and most competent hosting services. It’s best to go with an e-commerce web hosting service since they are designed for such online businesses. But are they the most reliable in the market? Check out their features before deciding which one you want to go with.
What to look out for:
* It should have a short downtime. In fact, since your site will be running almost all the time, it should always be working or you might lose valuable customers. So, it’s best to go with an e-commerce web hosting service aimed at such online businesses. Check out the truth about available website hosting packages which puff up their time to impress prospective customers before deciding on your e-commerce platform.
* Next, check the speed of their servers. A good speed will allow customers to use the site easily and give them a better reputation online for being professional. This is very important for any online business. If you choose a service based on the three pillars of speed, customer service and reliability, you can get off to a good start with setting up your e-commerce website.
* First, do not go with the first e-commerce hosting service you come across. Make inquiries about those in the business before selecting the one you want to go with. Make a short list of the ones you like and check out their features. Then, look for the best bandwidth among them. Find out if they can increase the bandwidth they provide as your business grows.
* Find out from the web host about the different kinds of shopping cart software they offer. Next, shortlist the ones popularly used and try them out. Select the one most suitable for your business and check that it is scalable so that when you increase the number of services or products, this software still works for you. You need to be very sure about this software at the outset as it is very difficult to change it when you realize it’s not working for you.
* Besides, merchants and buyers of products online are very concerned about the security of their credit card information. A good e-commerce web hosting service should enable secure transactions 24×7, without a break.
* Check out the databases that web hosts offer–they are usually those that are compatible with Windows operating systems or the open source type like MySQL which is compatible with Linux and Unixoperating systems.
* Also, check the scripting the host offers. Is it ASP and .NET (Windows-compatible) or PHP (Unix/Linux-compatible).Many online stores go for PHP shopping carts as they are competent and inexpensive.
* Other features include disk space, tech support, design, payment gateways, e-mail accounts for incoming and outgoing mail, auto responder, domain registration help, etc.
* Ask about backup and what happens if the server is down for some reason.
Related Web Hosting Articles