The holiday shopping season looms large, and Amazon is ready with its highly-anticipated 2017 Top 100 Holiday Toys list.
Featuring the retail giant’s predicted top 100 best toys and games, this year’s list has a notable focus on toys that incorporate Science, Tech, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
Toys that combine coding and creativity are becoming increasingly popular with children, and retailers like Amazon are embracing the trend by putting STEM toys at center stage.
By focusing on toys that promote learning through play, the online retailer hopes to make it “more convenient than ever for parents to give their kids the gift of having fun while learning,” Eva Lorenz, category leader of Toys & Games for Amazon, told FastCompany.
In addition to STEM toys, Amazon’s top toys list features toys inspired by popular kids shows and movies, such as “Paw Patrol,” PJ Masks,” and “Cars 3.”
Top 10 toys
- FurReal Roarin’ Tyler, the Playful Tiger. Hasbro’s new Furreal friend can crouch, roar, respond to squeaky toys, and make more than 100 sounds and motions. (Ages 4+)
- LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox. Build and code one of five 800+ piece interactive models using the step-by-step instructions on the free LEGO tablet app. (Ages 7-12)
- Fingerlings Jungle Gym Playset. Fingerlings — soft, interactive monkeys that babble, giggle, and turn their heads — are expected to be top sellers this holiday season. (Ages 5+)
- Sphero Ultimate Lightning McQueen Vehicle. An app-enabled toy racing car featuring the details and style of the main character in Pixar’s “Cars 3.” (Ages 8+)
- Melissa and Doug Star Diner Restaurant. A wooden diner playset that includes an oven, stovetop, two-shelf fridge, drink dispenser, milkshake mixer, jukebox, and spinning cake plate on pass-through shelf. (Ages 3+)
- Soggy Doggy Board Game. This board game for the bath involves racing around the board washing Soggy Doggy. If he shakes, a player gets a little wet. (Ages 4+)
- Disney Princess Dance Code…