It’s summertime and the livin’ is easy, especially when you have so many fun things to do in our beautiful county that cost nothing at all. Here are some of our favorites:
1. June 3: Orange – Butterflies, butterflies, butterflies at the Coastkeeper Garden for the entire family. 10 a.m. Learn to attract them. Kids can do hands-on crafts activities. Behind Santiago Canyon College, 8520 East Santiago Canyon Road Orange. coastkeeper.org
2. June 3: Huntington Beach – Take in the spring open house at the Shipley Nature Center. Attractions include a maypole dance, butterfly house, live music, booths and more. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 17851 Goldenwest St. 714-842-4772
3. June 3: Brea – Bring your blankets, beach chairs and picnics to watch “Pete’s Dragon,” the first of OC Parks’ Sunset Cinema series of nine family-friendly films screening at dusk in parks all around the county. Carbon Canyon Regional Park. 4442 Carbon Canyon Rd. Brea. Bring . Free parking. Ocparks.com.
4. June 3: Santa Ana – Go downtown for First Saturday Artwalk, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Visit 20 galleries, browse works offered by art vendors and see artists working. 207 N. Broadway Santa Ana. downtown-santaana.com/artwalk/
5. June 4: Tustin – Go to the Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off in…